So, it’s the end of the month. I usually have a few things that I wish to share with you by the time the month is over. However, I don’t always have time to write about them. So here’s my notes on things that grabbed my attention and some that became my faves this month.Ladyi's Notes for October 2015 Click To Tweet
- I was checking out GorgeousinGrey.com for some inspiration and noticed she’s looking for beauty writers. So if that’s your niche fill out the form here.
- ESSENCE October 2015 issue screams writer’s inspiration. Featuring Shonda Rhimes who shares how she built her “house” with her words. She tells the story of how she was writing since 4 years old. And the time she flew to Mexico, she stayed in a hotel four days to completed the pilot for Scandal. The writer Bene Viera, kept me captivated with details of a woman with many layers. It was a great read.
- ESSENCE October issue also highlighted some new books that grabbed my attention. Like Grace Jones new memoir “I’ll never write my memoirs” (Gallery, $26.99). A quick write-up by Henry Bass explains, “the book, coauthored with Paul Morely, Jones talks about it all: sex, drugs, rock, soul and everything in between.” What I did not know about Grace Jones that opened my curiosity, she was raised in strict religious home. The popular Bishop Noel Jones, who’s church based in California and have been seen on the reality TV “Pastors of LA” is her younger brother. Who’d knew?
- Talking about surprises, ESSENCE was full of them this month. I didn’t know Kelis the singer became a chef. She wrote a cook book, My Life on a Plate (Kyle, $15.40). She launched Bounty & Full a line of sauces. Host a cooking show called Saucy & Sweet on the Cooking Channel, and she runs a food truck.
- This one can fall under attention grabber, but it’s definitely one of my favorite articles I read this month. I was not sure what I thought of EBONY’s new controversy cover featuring the Huxtables from The Cosby Show in what look like a shattered glass. People was upset, saying that EBONY was contributing to the down fall of the iconic black TV family. I had not read the piece to make a judgement call one way or the other. Then I read, “Why EBONY’s New Cosby Cover Nailed it,” by Evette Dionne. The well written article posted in BUSTLE.com is a must read.
- I am a hair product junkie. I would really like to narrow down my products to a few. My friend told me about As I am. I purchased, the co-wash and the double butter cream. I used the products. They left my hair with a shine that last all day, and made my hair easy to manage. They’re becoming my favorite products for my natural hair.
That’s it for my attention GRABBERS and FAVEs of October 2015. What’s your thoughts? Did you find something this month that spark your interest? Please share.