I turned 38 and thought to myself, the BIG 4-0 is around the corner.
I never had a bucket list before. Now for some strange reason, the idea of writing down things I want to do (even if it scares me) seems like a good idea. I have to be honest. I revised this list several times. I found myself adding something daring like making a million dollars, then I erased it. I added the boring task of getting a morning routine, then I deleted it.
I kept thinking about what my list would say about me. That’s when I realized I needed to add: Become a woman who does not care what other’s think, to the list. I did.
So here’s the unedited version of somethings I want to do in the next couple years.40 Things I want to do before 40 Click To Tweet
- Become a Woman who does not care what others think: Unfortunately I do, sometimes.
Create a Bucket list: At least 40 things I want to do by 40.
- Have a better relationship with God: I want a stronger prayer life and a better understanding of the bible.
- Find a Church: When I was younger I went to church all the time. Now I am not going at all. It would be nice to find somewhere for me and my husband to go.
- Have child(ren): Family and friends always ask my husband and I when we’re going to have a baby. Our response is always the same when God says so. I really do mean that, but just in case God says so, I hope it’s before I am 40. Thank you, Jesus. AMEN.
- Buy my dream home: More and more I can’t wait to purchase my dream home with hubby, IK.
- Get my dream home office: Have you ever seen a tiny house? Well, my dream office will be outside of my dream house in my dream backyard. A small enough space where I can work away from home but at home.
- Have a BIG cook-out: I would love to have my family and friends come over to my dream home for a good ole’ fashion cook-out with good food, drinks, company, music, and fun.
- Get organized: I am getting better at this. However, I have lots to learn when it comes to organizing my life.
- Write for one hour a day: No matter what day it is, I want to make it a habit of writing for at least one hour a day. Even if what I write is blah, blah, blah.
- Master a Morning routine: I would love to have a little me time morning routine before starting my day. I want to get up early to pray, read my bible, journal, and do yoga.
- Walk on the Brooklyn Bridge with my sister: I am not sure what year it was, my sister and I made plans to walk over the Brooklyn Bridge like a tourist. I want to do it, take pictures and then go eat at a nice spot.
Go away with my sis: She wants to go away for her birthday I would love to go with her.
- Go to the ESSENCE Festival: I have been wanting to go to the ESSENCE festival since they started it over twenty years ago. However, I am always working. I can’t wait to the day where I can pack my bags and go.
- Live a life where my weekdays are better than my weekends. Yes, let me explain. Everyone loves their weekends. It’s time away from their hustle working. I want to love my work so much that it’s better or at least the same as my weekends. To fully appreciate this idea read Monday is a Mentality.
- Become a Full-time writer: I want to have the lifestyle of a writer. I want to be able to work for a magazine, write books, make a living from it, and blog about it all here on LADYIWRITES.
- Retire from my Day Job: Yes. Retirement from my 9-5.
- Write my first Novel: I already started. I want to complete it and get it published.
- Create a Journal: I am always buying journals. I want to create one.
- Learn to swim: Okay. I know it’s sad that I love water but can’t swim to save my life. Literally. I watched my mother learn one year and vowed that I would do it too. That had to be over 10 years ago.
- Become an Entrepreneur: I have a business idea twirling in my head. I just need to do a more research. Or just do it!
- Exercise routine: Besides my yoga in the mornings, I want to get in a habit to work out the heart three times a week, with an intense work-out.
- Get a slim tummy: I don’t need a six-pack, but I want to feel good in a two piece again.
- Go to Australia: My husband talked about going to Australia, I did some research and now I want to go too.
- Make 6 figures a year: I’m just saying!
- Learn how to make French Macrons: I had these colorful babies for the first time at BlogHer15 conference. I was in love. I want to learn how to make them so that I can have them anytime I want.
- See the Broadway play, Hamilton: There’s so much hype around this show, that the tickets are expensive. However, I did see “In the Heights” by the same producer, so I know this show is one I gotta see.
- Get a new wardrobe: I am not big on clothes shopping. I wish I can snap my fingers and I have a closet filled with cute, sexy and comfortable wear.I have been saying that one day I would go on a shopping spree and just buy a whole wardrobe.
- Go on a Road-trip with Hubby: I’ve been on road trips but never with my husband. We usually fly. I want to take a road trip to a restaurant I’ve heard about on the food network.
- Do Karaoke: I can see doing this with my girls. Dancing and singing off-key, before strangers. Yes, I am scared.
- Learn how to do my own makeup: I do my own makeup now. However, I want to learn how to “beat” my face, as the makeup artist say. I just want to look fabulous in pictures not like I have a white powder on my face.
Eat a delicious Lobster Roll: I want this!
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen around the holidays: During the holidays I usually am worried about my family and friends. I just want to take one year and worry about the less unfortunate.
- Get a higher Credit score: My credit is not bad, but I want to make it better.
- Have a picnic: I want the whole works; a picnic basket filled with fried chicken, fruit, and potato salad. I want to lay out a blanket and lay on my husband’s chest while watching the view.
- Go to a drive-in movie: They still have these around. I just got to find the right movie and the perfect weather.
- Get into photography: Last year I bought a camera. I had no idea that I would need so much guidance. I do. So I want to take a few classes.
- Make my first Million Dollars: Yes, it made it back on my list. Why not?
- Create My 50/50 Bucket List: Make it more daring, than my 40/40 Bucket List.
- Be Fearless: I want to live my life, that when fear comes up it does not stop me from doing what I want.